Leadership Opportunities - Call for Nominations
October 10, 2016
The WHS Nominating committee is seeking nominations for the Board of Directors for a three-year term beginning April 2017. Qualified members may self-nominate. If you are nominating a colleague, please contact your nominee prior to submitting a nomination or letter of support to ensure they are aware of the process and are willing to serve.
The WHS Board of Directors provides overall strategic direction, reviews and provides input to the development of programs and services, and fulfills fiduciary responsibilities by approving the annual budget. Directors are elected for three-year terms. Business is conducted via monthly teleconferences, electronic correspondence and at least one face-to-face meeting per year. Directors may be called upon to assist with strategic planning and committee oversight.
Candidates for the Board of Directors should have the following:
- A willingness to represent the membership as a whole, to work collaboratively and engage in debate and discussion.
- Strategic thinking and the ability to envision opportunities for the WHS as a global organization.
- Commitment of personal time and professional expertise to promote the mission of the WHS.
- Commitment to participate in up to two face-to-face Board meetings per year and monthly conference calls.
- Involvement with and service to WHS evidenced by past service on a WHS committee or task force. Regular attendance at annual meetings and demonstrated leadership as a committee Chair are highly desired.
Submit your nomination or letter of support to: firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than October 28, 2016
. Please use ‘WHS BOD Nomination’ in the subject heading and provide current contact information along with a brief description of the nominee’s interest in serving on the BOD and the unique perspective that individual would bring to the Board if elected. The WHS Nominating Committee will review each nominee’s qualifications and develop a slate of candidates for presentation to the current Board of Directors. The WHS membership will vote on the final slate of candidates in November 2016. Newly elected Board Directors will take office at the WHS Annual Meeting April 7, 2016 in San Diego, California.