$3,000 Stipend + $1,000 Lab Supplies + $1,000 Travel Grant (to WHS 2020 Annual Meeting)
Application Deadline: January 2, 2020
Awards will be announced at the business meeting in San Diego on
Saturday, May 16, 2020.
Scope of Award
- Eligibility: Undergrads and Professionals attending school (Master students, MD, DDS/DMD, DVM, etc) (Please note: PhD students/residents/postdocs are NOT eligible)
- Duration of research project will be for minimum of 12 weeks.
- Mentor must be a WHS member
- Fellow will be expected to join the WHS by next annual meeting/abstract submission date (see below)
- Project proposal including
- Brief Statement from the Applicant describing career objectives, personal motivation and potential contribution to overall project.
- Summary of the proposed research: objective(s), methods and expected outcomes.
NOTE: the entire proposal should not exceed 1 page including (a), (b), references and figures (font Arial 11 pt., single spaced, 0.5" margins).
Full application must be submitted by applicant.
Criteria for Selection
- Fellows: academic achievement, career objectives, personal motivation, potential contribution to overall project
- Mentor: commitment to undergrad/trainee education and research, significance and quality of the project, adequacy of the project for the summer research fellow, project endorsed by the Department Chair