This conference is designed for physicians, nurses, physical therapists, researchers, scientists, podiatrists, and dietitians across all practice-settings involved in the prevention, treatment and management of patients with wounds, and those interested in the latest research findings that are relevant to tissue repair and wound care.
After completing this activity, participants should be able to:
- Develop strategies for advancing wound care as a professional practice and career.
- Employ an interdisciplinary approach to the prevention and treatment of chronic wounds.
- Describe the comprehensive management of patients with lower extremity wounds.
- Provide optimal healthcare delivery through improved understanding of reimbursement, quality measures, and the use of novel wound care delivery technologies.
- Implement the latest best-practice strategies to prevent and manage pressure ulcers.
- Describe various factors that inhibit wound healing including medical comorbidities, commonly used drugs and devices, and patient behavioral challenges.
- Explore challenging cases of difficult-to-heal wounds in which current and emerging wound therapies were used.
- Differentiate between acute and post-acute care services and organizations and describe how to better coordinate care across the spectrum.
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by North American Center for Continuing Medical Education (NACCME) and the Wound Healing Society. NACCME is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
NACCME designates this live activity for a maximum of XXX AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
XXX AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for WHS Day 1
XXX AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for the main conference
XXX AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for the post-conference