$3,000 Stipend + $1,000 Lab Supplies + $1,000 Travel Grant (to WHS 2021 Annual Meeting) *upon abstract acceptance
Application Deadline: Friday, February 26, 2021
Awards will be announced at the business meeting in Grapevine, Texas on
Wednesday, May 12th 5:15 PM – 6:00 PM.
Scope of Award
- Eligibility: Undergrads and Professionals attending school (Master students, MD, DDS/DMD, DVM, etc) (Please note: PhD students/residents/postdocs are NOT eligible)
- Duration of research project will be for minimum of 12 weeks.
- Mentor must be a WHS member
- Fellow will be expected to join the WHS by next annual meeting/abstract submission date (see below)
Applicant's resume (with GPA)
Letter from mentor signed by both Department Chair and mentor stating that award funds will be strictly used for research conducted by the summer fellow
- Project proposal including
- Brief Statement from the Applicant describing career objectives, personal motivation and potential contribution to overall project.
- Summary of the proposed research: objective(s), methods and expected outcomes.
NOTE: the entire proposal should not exceed 1 page including (a), (b), references and figures (font Arial 11 pt., single spaced, 0.5" margins).
Full application must be submitted by applicant.
Criteria for Selection
- Fellows: academic achievement, career objectives, personal motivation, potential contribution to overall project
- Mentor: commitment to undergrad/trainee education and research, significance and quality of the project, adequacy of the project for the summer research fellow, project endorsed by the Department Chair